Великобритания, 1972 год. CBS. CBS – 65095, CBS – S 65095. LP
1. Love Me (J. Rixner / N. Newell, arr. and cond. by Tony Osborne)
2. Something (G. Harrison, arr. and cond. by Nick Ingman)
3. I Will Wait for You (From Umbrellas of Cherbourg) (M. Le Grand / N. Gimbel, arr. and cond. by Tony Osborne)
4. Four and Twenty Hours Seven Days of Every Week I love You (F. & M. Reitand / R. Cook & R. Greenaway, arr. and cond. by Tony Osborne)
5. To Be the One You Love (From Anonimo Veneziana) (S. Cipriani / N. Newell, arr. and cond. by Johnny Douglas)
6. Till (C. Danvers / C. Sigman, arr. and cond. by Tony Osborne)
1. Smoke Gets in Your Eyes (From Roberta) (J. Kern, O. Harbach, arr. and cond. by Johnny Douglas)
2. And I Love Her (P. McCartney / J. Lennon, arr. and cond. by Nick Ingman)
3. My Love For You (M. Sepe / N. Newell, arr. and cond. by Tony Osborne)
4. Love is a Many Splendoured Thing (From the Film of Same Name) (S. Fain / P. Francis Webster, arr. and cond. by Tony Osborne)
5. What a Wonderful World (G. Douglas / G. David Weiss, arr. and cond. by Johnny Douglas)
6. Love Remembers (S. Hart / N. Newell, arr. and cond. by Johnny Douglas)
Produced by Norman Newell, Recording Engineer John Timperley, Assistant to the Producer Gil King, Recorded at Chappells Studios, Recording Dates 15th May, 17th May, 18th May, 19th May 1972.
Every now and again, but much more infrequently than is generally assumed, there appears on the showbusiness horizon a new and undoubted star. That overworked word is used for many mediocre talents but very few truly deserve the acclaim – one such is most definately Robert Young. He must belong to the enviable section of mortals «whom the gods love» for ha has that rare combination of great talent, handsome features and a warm exciting personality.
When CSB Records asked me to produce this LP I had the usual qualms all producers have the working with an artist for the first time, but I need not have worried. Robert is superb professional and a delight to work with – the sessions were fun and even the orchestra, usually blase about whoever they work with, were overwhelmed by Robert’s tremendous vocal power.
I know of no other voice in the world as capable of the range and warmth and also the sincerity of interpretation Robert introduces into every song.
We have deliberately chosen all love songs for this album and have included old favorites and modern standards plus a handful of new songs, including the title song that Robert first introduced as a «single». One of the titles «My Love For You» was unanimously voted into first place when Robert sung it as the British entry in 1972 Yugoslavian Song Festival.
I know Robert Young would wish me to pay tribute to the three superb arrangers we worked with – Johnny Douglas, Nick Ingman and Tony Osborne.
This LP is one of the most exciting experience of my recording career – Robert Young will most definately become an international star and I am privileged to have produced one of his first albums.
Альбом Love Remembers